- 8 oz. (2 cups) gluten-free brown rice fusilli pasta, or bite-sized pasta of choice
- ½ lb asparagus, cut on the diagonal into a similar size as the pasta
- ½ english cucumber, cubed into a similar size as the pasta
- ½ cup sprouted mung beans or cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives or scallions
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp flaxseed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- ½ tsp kelp or dulse granules (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup water
- To Prepare the Pasta Salad: Place sliced asparagus in the colander you are using to drain the pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions in well-salted water (about 8 minutes), drain into sink over colander filled with sliced asparagus (this will cook them slightly), let sit for 1 minute. Rinse with very cold water, drain well. Mix the remaining ingredients for the salad in a large bowl. Add the pasta and asparagus. Set aside.
- To Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together, except water. Slowly whisk in water.
- To Assemble the Salad: Pour dressing over salad, toss, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Once chilled, have a taste and season with more salt, if desired.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. (You may need to perk it up with a little lemon juice after a day as the pasta will absorb quite a bit of the dressing.)