- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 5 cups chopped kale (stalks removed) or any greens, packed
- ½ cup sunflower seeds (optionally toasted)
- ½ cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, thawed or fresh
- 2 – 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp red chili flakes (more to taste)
- Add quinoa, kale, sunflower seeds and strawberries to a large salad bowl. Toast sunflower seeds in a small skillet on low-medium heat until lightly brown, about 2 minutes (optional but tasty step). Stir frequently and watch closely not to burn. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- In a blender or small food processor, add *Strawberry Vinaigrette* ingredients and process until smooth. Pour over salad, gently stir and serve.